Brian J. Antal, president of the Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society, a northeast Ohio charity says that the Romney campaign last week “unexpectedly” and without invitation…showed up at the group’s Youngstown soup kitchen so that GOP vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan could get his picture taken washing dishes in the dining hall.
The Saturday morning visit by Ryan, was after a town hall at Youngstown State University. Ryan reportedly stopped by for about 15 minutes…while in route to the airport.
Brian J. Antal , a self-described independent , has voted in Democratic primaries for the past 17 years...didn’t seem thrilled about the unannounced visit told sources…“We’re a faith-based organization; we are apolitical because the majority of our funding is from private donation. It’s strictly in our bylaws not to do it. They showed up there, and they did not have permission. They got one of the volunteers to open up the doors.”
“Paul Ryan is full of excitement, he’s drawing big crowds. The only thing holding Paul Ryan back now according to political experts is Mitt Romney.” –David Letterman
According to Antal…the photo which showed the Vice Presidential candidate washing pots and pans…which had already been washed. Ryan’s arrived after all the food had already been served, the patrons had left, and the hall had been cleaned. Antal added… “He did nothing. He just came in here to get his picture taken at the dining hall.”
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
NOTE: The contents of this article do not reflect the views of the staff at Behind Blondie Park.
Traffic in Charlotte, NC., can be a pain on any given day…add the Democratic Convention to the already frustrating traffic equation and you get a “traffic nightmare.” Police who are having to deal with the chaos have found a better way to direct the traffic around the convention area which has decreased road rage, lighten [...]
In an interview with CNN, Rapper, songwriter, record producer, entrepreneur, and occasional actor…Jay-Z has come forward to show his support for President Obama’s who recently announced that he supports “gay marriage.” Jay-Z said that Obama’s decision to make the announcement was “the right thing to do” and that he also supports it.
Fox News Channel’s Greta Van Susteren, host of “On The Record,” and her husband John Coale Will attend the 98th annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner on Saturday. According to FishbowlDC…Her guest selection is even better this time around. She’s bringing actress and occasional inmate Lindsay Lohan. The highly-publicized D.C. event is one of the hottest [...]
Dumbest Mitt Romney Quotes
1. “Corporations are people, my friend… of course they are. Everything corporations earn ultimately goes to the people. Where do you think it goes? Whose pockets? Whose pockets? People’s pockets. Human beings, my friend.” —Mitt Romney to a heckler at the Iowa State Fair who suggested that taxes should be raised on corporations as part of balancing the budget (August 2011)
2. “When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem.” –Mitt Romney, suggesting it would be a good idea to crack a window at 35,000 feet, Beverly Hills fundraiser, Sept. 22, 2012
3. “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me.” –Mitt Romney, using an unfortunate choice of words while advocating for consumer choice in health insurance plans (January 2012) Continued Here
A Romney aide who was not authorized to speak publicly about the event, the campaign followed its usual protocol for impromptu, on-the-road stops by candidates: A staffer was dispatched to the St. Vincent De Paul Society ahead of Ryan’s visit Saturday morning and spoke with a woman in charge on site, who said that it would be fine for the congressman to stop by. The campaign did not contact Antal ahead of the visit.
Ohio communications director for the Romney campaign, Chris Maloney, said that the visit by Ryan had been intended to highlight the work of the soup kitchen volunteers.
Maloney said in a statement…“Our campaign and Congressman Ryan were pleased to bring attention to the meaningful charitable contributions the St. Vincent De Paul Society makes to people in need.”
Mitt Romney Quotes Continued
4. “I’m not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there.” —Mitt Romney (January 2012)
5. “There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. … My job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.” -Mitt Romney, in leaked comments from a fundraiser in May 2012
6. “My dad, as you probably know, was the governor of Michigan and was the head of a car company. But he was born in Mexico… and had he been born of, uh, Mexican parents, I’d have a better shot at winning this. But he was unfortunately born to Americans living in Mexico. He lived there for a number of years. I mean, I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino.” -Mitt Romney, in leaked comments from a Florida fundraiser, May 17 2012
7. “It’s hard to know just how well [the 2012 London Olympics] will turn out. There are a few things that were disconcerting. The stories about the private security firm not having enough people, the supposed strike of the immigration and customs officials, that obviously is not something which is encouraging.” –Mitt Romney, insulting Britain on the eve of the Olympics by suggesting the country is not ready, NBC News interview, July 25, 2012