Prone to more genetic diseases than you can shake a stick at, Basset Hounds excel at barking, howling and shedding. They also are the breed most likely to gain so much weight their private parts drag on the ground.
The smallest breed of dog is also the #1 baby replacement pet. They’re annoying, yappy and known to be fiercely loyal to one owner and then go Satanic on anyone else. Chihuahuas do, however, often perform well in the World’s Ugliest Dog Contest, so there’s that.
In December 2012, singer Miley Cyrus suffered a tragedy when her Bulldog, Ziggy, killed her puppy. Accident or no, the fact is Bulldogs were bred to have amazingly powerful jaws for bull and bear-baiting. They suffer hip dysplasia more than any other breed, have relatively short lives, and have faces that resemble panting roadkill.
Note: We apologize if your dog breed is on the list….the list does not reflect our personal opinions. We totally disagree with several dogs which made the “dumb list”
Chow Chows, Pit Bulls, Dalmations, Chinese Crested Hairless, St. Bernard (totally disagree) Teacup Yorkshire Terriers, Corgis (totally disagree) and Jack Russell
Smartest Dog Breeds:
1. Border Collie: A workaholic, this breed is the world’s premier sheep herder, prized for its intelligence, extraordinary instinct, and working ability.
2. Poodle: Exceptionally smart and active. Bred to retrieve things from the water. The miniature variety may have been used for truffle hunting.
3. German Shepherd: The world’s leading police, guard, and military dog — and a loving family companion and herder.
4. Golden Retriever: Intelligent and eager to please. Bred as a hunting companion; ideal as a guide and as assistance with search-and-rescue operations.
5. Doberman Pinscher: Known for its stamina and speed. Bred to be a guardian and in demand as a police and war dog.
6. Shetland Sheepdog: The “Sheltie” is essentially a miniature working Collie. A rough-coated, longhaired working breed that is keenly intelligent. Excels in herding.
7. Labrador Retriever: An ideal sporting and family dog. Gentle and intelligent.
8. Papillon: A happy, alert breed that isn’t shy or aggressive. Known as Dwarf Spaniels in the 16th and 17th centuries, they reach 8-11 inches high.
9. Rottweiler: Robust and powerful, the breed is happiest with a job. Suitable as a police dog, herder, service dog, therapy dog, obedience competitor, and devoted companion.
10. Australian Cattle Dog: Happiest doing a job like herding, obedience, or agility. Energetic and intelligent.
A family in San Jose, California was devastated when their home was burglarized and that the thief took more than money. The low light thieves also took Meeko, the family’s puppy. Marissa Mabanag, 10, was heartbroken when she discovered that their dog was also taken. In an attempt to try and get him back…she made [...]
Gary Rintel loved his dog Astro, a short-haired collie/Great Pyrenees mix so much that when Astro passed away in 2006…he paid $140,000 to have his frozen DNA implanted into a donor egg to be placed into a surrogate. He cloned him into two more pooches…Cosmo and Retro. He also had a hat out of Astro’s [...]