Night Club Fire in Brazil Leave 232 Dead
An early morning fire at a night club in Brazil has left 232 dead and numerous other were injured.
Firefighters were called to battle a blaze at the ‘Kiss Club‘ in Santo Maria early this morning. According to sources…the club which was said to have been at full capacity with up to 2,000 revelers inside the building when the fire started.
Security guards described scene the as chaotic as a party-goers frantically scrambled to escape.
Official cause unknown, but reports claim it was caused by faulty pyrotechnics firework during a band performance.
History of Night Club Fires:
On November 28, 1942, this club was the scene of the deadliest nightclub fire in US history, killing 492 people (which was 32 more than the building’s authorized ocuppancy
- 20 September 1929 – Study club fire of 1929, early dance club fire that killed 22 in Detroit, USA;
- 23 April 1940 – Rhythm Night Club fire, 209 killed at nightclub fire at Natchez, Mississippi, USA;
- 28 November 1942 – Cocoanut Grove fire, 492 killed in a nightclub fire at Boston, Massachusetts, USA;
- 1 November 1970 – Club Cinq-Sept fire in a nightclub just outside the small town of Saint-Laurent-du-Pont, Isère in south-eastern France; 146 people killed
- 8 March 1973 – Whiskey Au Go Go fire, 15 killed after firebombing at Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Australia;
- 2 August 1973 – Summerland disaster, 51 killed at fire at Summerland leisure centre at Douglas, Isle of Man;
- 28 May 1977 – Beverly Hills Supper Club fire, 165 killed and 200 injured in nightclub fire at Southgate, Kentucky, USA;
- 14 February 1981 – Stardust fire disaster, 48 killed and 214 injured at nightclub fire at Dublin, Republic of Ireland;
- 5 April 1986 – Bomb attack on La Belle discothèque, Berlin, Germany, 3 killed, 230 injured; 2 Marines sustaining permanent disability were 2nd Force Recon Co. Marine’s LCPL Hurt & LCPL Blackwood who despite their injuries gave assistance to their fellow Marines and civilians alike before their injuries were discovered by medical personnel.
- February 1990 – Stage collapse at a discothèque at Bilbao, Spain, 13 injured;
- 25 March 1990 – Happy Land fire, 87 killed in a nightclub fire at Happy Land, The Bronx, New York City;
- 20 December 1993 – Kheyvis Fire, 17 killed in a nightclub fire at Buenos Aires, Argentina;
- 18 March 1996 – Ozone Disco Club fire, 162 dead and 92 injured at a nightclub in Quezon City, Philippines;
- 30 October 1998 – Gothenburg discothèque fire, 63 people killed, 200 injured in a nightclub fire at Gothenburg, Sweden;
- 1 June 2001 – Suicide bombing at the Dolphinarium discotheque in Tel Aviv, Israel
- 13 October 2001 – Stage toggled at Zapata discothèque Stuttgart, Germany, several people hurt;
- 21 December 2001 – At Club “Indigo”, Sofia, Bulgaria, in an early party for minors, the huge crowd pushing their way to get in collapses down the frosty stairs and crushes 7 children (ages between 10 and 14) to death;
- 12 October 2002 – 2002 Bali bombings, 202 killed by large bombs;
- 7 December 2002 – Cowgate fire, Edinburgh, Scotland;
- 17 February 2003 – 2003 E2 nightclub stampede, Chicago, Illinois, 21 killed and over 50 injured;
- 20 February 2003 – The Station nightclub fire, 100 killed at nightclub fire at Warwick, Rhode Island;
- 8 December 2004 – A shooter in Columbus, Ohio shot and killed guitarist “Dimebag” Darrel Abbott and two other people, also wounding band manager and a fan in the audience;
- 30 December 2004 – República Cromañón nightclub fire, 194 killed and 714 injured in a nightclub fire at Buenos Aires, Argentina;
- 31 December 2005 – a circular crossbar fell down from the roof of a nightclub at Ibbenbüren, Germany, 4 people hurt;
- 18 June 2007 – Gatecrasher One Fire, Sheffield, England;
- 1 January 2009 – Santika Club fire in Santika Club in Watthana, Bangkok, Thailand, 61 killed and at least 212 injured
- 24 July 2009 – a man bled to death at a pool party in Perkins Park nightclub, Stuttgart, Germany after he made a head dive into a swimming pool in which there were fragments of glass 
- 5 December 2009 – Lame Horse fire, a fire at the Lame Horse nightclub killed at least 155 people and injures 79 others in Perm, Russia.
- 15 January 2011 – 3 girls died, 14 people injured at a stampede in a Budapest discotheque.
- 27 January 2013 – Kiss nightclub fire – 245 died in panicky stampede in Brazil