Amanda Bynes won’t be a danger to herself or society…at least for a while anyway.
Amanda Please… Bynes rose to prominence in the late 1990s and early 2000s on the Nickelodeon series All That and The Amanda Show. Since then she has become a total train wreck after numerous derailments over the past few months.
Her most recent episode landed her in a court order psychiatric facility. Her parents were granted a temporary conservator.
According to the celebrity gossip website TMZ.com, the former Disney star could be confined to a mental health facility for up to a year … based on a ruling that was just handed down by a judge.
The Doctors at the facility where Amanda has been held asked for a long-term hold, and they got it.
Bynes is being treated for schizophrenia.
As for the length of her stay…sources say “it’s unlikely Amanda will be held for a year. The plan is to keep her in a facility for 60 days to stabilize her and then transfer Amanda to her mom’s home.”
Amanda Bynes net worth was said to be $4 million. However her parents claim that within the last year she has spent $1.2 million. Read more here
Legal History and Implications…
In March 2012, Bynes was stopped and ticketed by police for talking on a cell phone while driving.
A month later, she was arrested and charged with driving under the influence after side-swiping a police car in West Hollywood.
On September 4, 2012, Bynes was charged for two alleged hit and run incidents, one occurring in April and the other in August.
- The hit and run charges were dismissed in December 2012 following a financial settlement between Bynes and the victims.
On September 6, 2012, Bynes‘ driver’s license was suspended by the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
On September 16, Bynes was cited for driving with a suspended license, and her car was impounded.
- In May 2013, Bynes pleaded no contest to the charge, and was sentenced to three years probation.
On May 23, 2013, Bynes was arrested at her home in Manhattan for criminal possession of marijuana, attempted tampering with evidence, and reckless endangerment.
- According to a prosecutor at Bynes’ arraignment, police observed Bynes throwing a bong from the window of her 36th-floor apartment. Bynes claimed that the alleged bong was actually a vase.
- Following her arrest, Bynes underwent a psychiatric evaluation at a hospital before she was processed at the police station.
- On May 25, Bynes said on Twitter that she had been sexually harassed by the arresting officer: ” The police department has denied the accusation.
On July 24, 2013, Bynes was hospitalized under a 5150 mental health evaluation hold after allegedly starting a small fire in the driveway of a stranger’s house in Thousand Oaks, California.
- During the fire, Bynes reportedly ignited her pants and doused her Pomeranian — Sherbert with gasoline.
- Bynes fled the scene and attempted to wash her dog in the employees-only section of a local convenience store before being forced to leave.
- Sherbert was placed under the care of her parents.
- She was apprehended by authorities shortly thereafter.
- Bynes’ parents filed for conservatorship of their daughter shortly after her hospitalization began.
- On August 9, Bynes’ mother was granted a temporary conservatorship over Bynes’ affairs, including her medical care, as well as control over her finances, after the judge agreed that Bynes had a “lack of capacity to give informed consent to medical care.”
- Amanda had been repeatedly asking for dog during her confinement. On Thursday August 8th…, she got a 4-legged visitor, and it was no small feat. Her parents showed up with Sherbert after visiting hours, but doctors still allowed Amanda to spend 30-minutes with her doggie.
Justin Bieber and Amanda Bynes are A Lot Alike
Justin Bieber is fastly become the female version of Amanda Bynes….Justin please! Always in the news for all the wrong reasons.
The “dweebers” Saturday night visit to a New York club ended in mass brawl after teen punk ‘went nuts’ in the V.I.P area.
The club, South Pointe, is located in the Hamptons and is a “hot spot” known for it’s glitzy and glamorous patrons.
According to sources, Justin, his entourage and four of his bodyguards arrived at the club at 2:00 am. Immediately they “took over” the VIP section which was roped off. Read full story her