Carmen Electra Talks Dennis Rodman and Marriage
Former Bay Watch star follow site Carmen Electra is speaking out about her marriage to former NBA star go to link Dennis Rodman 16 years after they tied the knot.
buy Lyrica from canada Electra sat down with Oprah for an interview on her “O Network” series “Where Are They Now?” … and explained why she fell in love with clomid online pharmacy australia Rodman back in 1998.
The 26-year-old’s career was taking off she had landed a role on television’s “Baywatch” and was one of the hosts of MTV’s “Singled Out.” She was still emotionally fragile and struggling to cope with her mother’s death. Her relationship was a welcome distraction from the pain she was experiencing.
In the interview….Electra described her marriage to Rodman as he most bipolar relationships she’s ever been a part of.
“Dennis was the life of the party,” Electra remembers. “He was fun.”
Soon after her mother’s death, Electra and Rodman got married in Las Vegas after a whirlwind months-long romance. From the start, their relationship was a media circus, and many questioned what the young rising star and model saw in a outrageous basketball player with a penchant for getting into trouble.
“People couldn’t understand why I loved him because he had a reputation for being a bad boy,” Electra says.
On the outside, they seemed like an unusual pairing, but Electra says that she saw the softer side of Rodman and sincerely believed they were actually quite similar.
“What I saw in the beginning was this sort of a gentle giant that was in a lot of pain,” she explains. “So in a way, we understood each other.”
Electra and Rodman were married for less than a year before officially divorcing in 1999.
“Our relationship was very passionate,” she says, looking back. “When it was good, it was amazing. And when it was bad, it was the worst.
“I never had my own name on a bathing suit on Baywatch (1989). I was always given one that said Pamela or Yasmine. I earned my own suit, at the end of the season, which I now have framed.” Quote ~ Carmen Electra
Carmen Electra Trivia
- Carmen Electra has English, German, Irish, and distant Dutch, ancestry.
- Attended and graduated from Princeton High School in Sharonville, Ohio in 1990.
- Originally signed by Prince’s Paisley Park record label as a hot young talent. She had moderate success with a single named “Go-Go Dancer”.
- Is the youngest of five children of Patricia (died 1998) and Harry Patrick.
- Carmen Electra as a dancer at Kings Island Amusement Park in Ohio.
- Was discovered by Prince at age 18, and worked with him on her self-titled debut album that was released in 1993.
- Was ranked 10th of the 100 Sexiest Women by FHM Taiwan (2001).
- Hosted VH1’s 100 Greatests Artists of Hard Rock
- Has appeared on the cover of the April 2003 issue of Playboy magazine, with a nude pictorial inside. Howard Stern gave the layout a thumbs up, and commented that she looked better today than she did 10 years ago.
- On The New Tom Green Show (2003), she announced that she was planning to make a strip aerobics video.
- Engaged to musician Dave Navarro. [August 2001]
- Attended the School of Creative and Performing Arts in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- One of her favorite movies is the drama film Showgirls (1995).
- Classmates with Nick Lachey at Princeton High School and the School of Creative and Performing Arts.
- She married Dennis Rodman in the “Chapel of the Flowers” in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Ranked #59 in Stuff magazine’s “102 Sexiest Women in the World” (2002).
- Member of the infamous dancing show The Pussycat Dolls.
- In her November 2003 wedding to Dave Navarro, she wore a strapless beaded Badgley Mischka gown.
- Carmen Electra was named #18 in FHM’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005” special supplement.
- Among the guests at her wedding to Dave Navarro were Traci Bingham, Kelly Osbourne and Jack Osbourne.
- Met her ex-husband Dave Navarro on a blind date.
- Named #9 in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006” supplement.
- Voted the Sexiest Woman of the Year by FHM Magazine. In second place was Australian pop princess Kylie Minogue. [September 2004]
- Has appeared in five movies with the word “movie” in the title: Scary Movie (2000), Date Movie (2006), Scary Movie 4 (2006), Epic Movie (2007) and Disaster Movie (2008).
- Ranked #28 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Godmother of Lyric London, son of Jeremy London and his wife, Melissa Cunningham.
- Has appeared in underwear along with Yasmine Bleeth, Alyssa Milano, Melissa Joan Hart, Garcelle Beauvais, Jamie Luner, Peta Wilson and Jeri Ryan on the cover of, and inside the October 1997 issue of “Details” magazine.
- (April 24, 2008) Engaged to her rocker boyfriend, guitarist Rob Patterson.
- Her celebrity stylist is Davy Newkirk.
- American scientist, Neal Evenhuis, named an extinct genus of fly after her. The species is called Carmenelectra.
- Revealed to Glamour magazine, that her mother and older sister, Debbie, died within two weeks of each other. Debbie passed away from a heart attack in her sleep in 1998 at age 40, while her mother passed away from several brain tumors.
- Older half-brother Rod Mark committed suicide in 2005, after suffering from depression. He shot himself through the heart at his home in Florida. Carmen and Rod did not have the same father. Carmen has admitted that she did not know Mark that well.
- (July 13, 2013) Inducted into the Bikinis, Texas Bust of Fame during the official grand opening of Bikinis, Texas (formerly Bankersmith, Texas located south of Fredericksburg, Texas owned by ATX Brands, which owns the Bikinis Sports Bar and Grill trademark).
- She appeared as a diva on VH1 Divas 2004 (2004). [April 2004]