Shia LaBeouf Arrested for Drunk and Disorderly Conduct in Savannah

Shia Labeouf Arrested Photo

Shia LaBeouf has been arrested in Georgia for being wasted and losing control of himself.

The actor was arrested on July 8th, 2017 at around 4 a.m. in Savannah, Georgia, for public drunkenness, disorderly conduct and obstruction. The Chatham County Sheriff’s Office, released him after he posted a $7,000 bond.

Shia LaBeouf Dons Paperbag at Premiere

Labeouf has had a history of legal troubles and controversies…

February 2005, Shia LaBeouf was arrested by LAPD and charged with assault with a deadly weapon after threatening his neighbor by driving into his car.

CONTINUED…. A bystander claimed that LaBeouf “lost his cool” after he had to wait to get access to his garage while the neighbor, who was blocking his path, chatted to his girlfriend. The onlooker said: “Shia began honking his horn and yelling at the guy, but the neighbor told him to wait a minute, and carried on talking to his girlfriend. Then Shia rammed his car into the back of the other guy’s car. Words were exchanged and Shia jumped out and threatened the neighbor.” LaBeouf allegedly appeared at his neighbor’s front door hours later, waving a kitchen knife. The two fought, someone called the police, and LaBeouf was led off in handcuffs.

November 4, 2007, a security guard asked LaBeouf to leave a Chicago Walgreens, which LaBeouf refused to do. Shia LaBeouf was arrested for misdemeanor criminal trespassing. The criminal charges were dropped on December 12, 2007.

March 2008, police issued an arrest warrant for LaBeouf after he failed to make a court appearance, which had been in relation to a ticket he had received for unlawful smoking in Burbank, California, in February 2008. When neither LaBeouf nor a lawyer appeared at the court at the 8:30 a.m. hearing, a $1000 bench warrant was issued for his arrest. However, the court commissioner in California recalled this warrant on March 19, 2008, after the actor’s attorney arrived a day late to plead not guilty on LaBeouf’s behalf, and a pre-trial hearing was set for April 24, 2008. The charge was dismissed, after the actor paid a $500 fine.

 July 27, 2008, LaBeouf was involved in a car crash at the intersection of La Brea Avenue and Fountain Avenue in Los Angeles. His Ford F-150 was hit from the side by a vehicle running a red light. LaBeouf’s hand was out of the window as he drove and, upon impact, the truck rolled onto his exposed left hand, crushing it. While responding to the accident, police officers smelled alcohol on LaBeouf’s breath. Because he refused a breathalyzer examination, authorities arrested LaBeouf at the scene for misdemeanor drunk driving, and his driver’s license was suspended for one year. Michael Bay, who at the time of the accident was working with LaBeouf in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, stated that LaBeouf had been drinking hours before the car accident and he had felt that, by the time the accident had occurred, the alcohol had worn off. LaBeouf had to undergo one of many hand surgeries immediately after the accident. His passenger, Isabel Lucas, and the driver and passenger in the other car all suffered only minor injuries. Due to severe damages from the accident, LaBeouf’s truck was totaled; his father keeps the vehicle at his home as a memento. Two days later, a Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department spokesman announced that LaBeouf was not at fault in the accident, because the other driver had run the red light. LaBeouf returned to the set of the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and shooting resumed. In an interview two months later, LaBeouf described the car accident as being “eye-opening and terrifying.” He said that, as a result of the injuries, he had screws and plates put in his left hand; there is also scarring. A screw was placed in one of his knuckles, and he had a shaved piece of bone from his hip made into a bone for his finger. In April 2009, he stated he had undergone three hand surgeries. He said that he would regain “probably about 80-something percent” use of his hand and, while he would be able to make a fist again, “there’s a knuckle [I will] never be able to move again.” In May 2010, he said that he has “completely” regained movement in his fingers. In June 2011, in an interview in Details magazine, he claimed that he and Lucas were “philandering around” before the accident occurred.

February 5, 2011, he was involved in an altercation with another patron at the Mad Bull’s Tavern bar in the Sherman Oaks neighborhood of Los Angeles, which resulted in the actor getting punched in the face. Both LaBeouf and the unnamed patron were placed in handcuffs and questioned by a Los Angeles Police Department officer but later released with no arrest being made. In 2014, LaBeouf was banned from The Local Peasant restaurant in Sherman Oaks after urinating on the wall.

June 26, 2014, LaBeouf was charged with disorderly conduct and criminal trespass at New York’s Studio 54 theater. He was reported to have been “acting disorderly, yelling and being loud”. He refused to leave the theater, where the musical Cabaret starring Alan Cumming was being performed, so the police were called. In the arrest report it was stated that LaBeouf spat at arresting officers. The report also details LaBeouf using an impolite slur and swearing at arresting officers. He was arrested and held at the Midtown North police station to later appear in court. Following the incident, LaBeouf voluntarily began seeking outpatient treatment for alcoholism, becoming involved in a 12-step program. LaBeouf’s publicist stated ‘He understands that these recent actions are a symptom of a larger health problem and he has taken the first of many necessary steps towards recovery.’

Oct. 9, 2015,  He was arrested in downtown Austin on Friday night LaBeouf was also arrested for public intoxication in 2015 in Texas.

January 2017, he was arrested for misdemeanor assault and a harassment violation after getting in a scuffle during a rally against Donald Trump.

July 8th, 2017, At around 4 a.m. LaBeouf was arrested in Savannah, Georgia, for public drunkenness, disorderly conduct and obstruction. The Chatham County Sheriff’s Office, released him after he posted a $7,000 bond.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.