Category Archives: World
A Dutch man on his honeymoon escaped death after falling 130 feet off a cliff top – by landing on a tree top.
The unidentified 35-year-old newlywed backpacker fell while taking pictures of his newly-wed wife, at ‘Worlds End‘ in Horton Plains.
According to sources…40 soldiers of the Sri Lankan Army were involved in the rescue mission. They used ropes were used to reach the man who was then shouldered by soldiers along the 5.5 km long foot track down hill to the nearest hospital.
He remains hospitalized. His condition is stable and he is reportedly out of danger.
The ‘World’s End‘ cliff at the Horton Plains nature reserve in central Sri Lanka is one of country’s main tourist attraction and receives thousands of tourists every year.
Aldi Rizal, the Indonesian boy who made world headlines when pictures and video emerged, showing him as an infant, puffing away on a cigarette has kicked the habit.
Rizal has reportedly kicked his 40 cigarette a day habit in exchange for an unhealthy diet.
According to his 28-year-old mom Dians “there are so many people in the house it’s hard to stop him from getting junk food.”
He is now topping off at 56pounds.
A Dutch Television Network aired graphic footage on Thursday evening after after a teenage gunman stormed the studios of the national broadcaster and demanded to be put on air.
According to sources the unidentified man wanted 10-15 minutes to “tell his story.”
He put a gun to the head of a guard, who took him to a studio that was not in use.
NOS went off air for an hour after the smartly dressed suspect, who was carrying a silenced pistol, seized control of the studio. But cameras continued to roll, recording the moment police rushed into to disarm him.
According to a reporter from the broadcaster who spoke to the the gunman he had claimed to be a member of a hacker’s collective working for Dutch intelligence.
The Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, was left rolling her eyes in irritation after being tapped on the shoulder by a pesky New Yorker and being told to ‘keep wrapping.’
The incident which occurred at the Northside Center for Child Development in Harlem was caught on video. Kate was joined by a group of local grandmothers, the Duchess was helping to wrap presents destined for some of the city’s poorest children.
How to Cook a Delicious Thanksgiving Turkey
- Prepare the turkey for roasting in the oven, first remove the giblets (and save for gravy or stuffing). Next, rinse the bird inside and out and pat dry with paper towels.
- If you are stuffing the bird, stuff it loosely, allowing about ½ to ¾ cup stuffing per pound of turkey.
- Brush the skin with melted butter or oil. Tie drumsticks together with string (for stuffed birds only).
- Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh. The thermometer should point towards the body, and should not touch the bone.
- Place the bird on a rack in a roasting pan, and into a preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven. To determine how long to cook a turkey, use this chart to estimate the time required for baking.
- Bake until the skin is a light golden color, and then cover loosely with a foil tent. During the last 45 minutes of baking, remove the foil tent to brown the skin. Basting is not necessary, but helps promote even browning.