Category Archives: World
The Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, was left rolling her eyes in irritation after being tapped on the shoulder by a pesky New Yorker and being told to ‘keep wrapping.’
The incident which occurred at the Northside Center for Child Development in Harlem was caught on video. Kate was joined by a group of local grandmothers, the Duchess was helping to wrap presents destined for some of the city’s poorest children.
How to Cook a Delicious Thanksgiving Turkey
- Prepare the turkey for roasting in the oven, first remove the giblets (and save for gravy or stuffing). Next, rinse the bird inside and out and pat dry with paper towels.
- If you are stuffing the bird, stuff it loosely, allowing about ½ to ¾ cup stuffing per pound of turkey.
- Brush the skin with melted butter or oil. Tie drumsticks together with string (for stuffed birds only).
- Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh. The thermometer should point towards the body, and should not touch the bone.
- Place the bird on a rack in a roasting pan, and into a preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven. To determine how long to cook a turkey, use this chart to estimate the time required for baking.
- Bake until the skin is a light golden color, and then cover loosely with a foil tent. During the last 45 minutes of baking, remove the foil tent to brown the skin. Basting is not necessary, but helps promote even browning.
An amazing must see video… Group of Birds Fly Simultaneously Away!
The video posted on LiveLeaks.com was originally uploaded on November 18, was reportedly filmed in Zaandam, North Holland, Netherlands. Now it’s beginning to circulate on social media platforms.
At the beginning of the clip, things look relatively normal. All you see is the image of a tree. However, what you can’t see with the unaided eye is that the leaves on the tree really aren’t leaves. They’re actually birds!
Throughout the clip, a small number of birds, which appear to be starlings, can be seen flying around the tree. But, at the 18-second mark, nearly all of the birds fly away from the tree simultaneously, leaving it nearly bare with very little leaves. Then, at the 21-second mark, a loud noise similar to a gun can be heard as the birds continue to scatter.
VIDEO: Birds Fly Away Simultaneously
The man who brought Ebola to the United States from West Africa 18 days ago has died in a Dallas hospital.
Thomas Eric Duncan, whose health took a grave turn for the worse this weekend, succumbed to the virus at 7.51am today at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, officials announced late this morning.
The 42-year-old Liberian national exposed nearly 50 people to the disease in America, including his fiancée Louise Troh and two of her children.
They remain quarantined and under constant monitoring by health officials over fears that they, too, could develop symptoms during a 21-day incubation period.
His body, which still carries the virus, must now be disposed of in a way that will not put anyone else at risk. Ms Troh released a statement saying:
‘His suffering is over. My family is in deep sadness and grief, but we leave him in the hands of God… Eric was a wonderful man who showed compassion toward all.’
Federal health officials have confirmed the first case of Ebola diagnosed in the U.S.
According to source…On Sunday, an unidentified critically ill male was admitted to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital. He was placed in isolation.
Tom Frieden, the CDC Director reported that the man traveled from Liberia, pictured left, to September 19 and arrived in the United States on the next day, without showing symptoms of the deadly virus, CDC Director Tom Frieden told reporters.
The patient, Frieden said, started to show signs of the virus September 24 and then ‘sought care’ on the 26th, and two days later the patient was admitted to the hospital and isolated.
The hospital reportedly gave the man antibiotics but he returned critically ill two days later. Texas Health Presbyterian is reportedly internally investigating the misdiagnosis.