Music: The latest News, Trivia and Videos!
http://receptizavos.com/domaci-sladoled-sa-jogurtom Music Archives
Facts About Music
Did you know that……..
White people consume 60-80% of all rap music in the U.S.
In 2015, Astronaut Chris Hadfield released the first album of songs recorded entirely in space.
- Listening to music while working out measurably improves physical performance.
- Warner Music collected over US$2 million in royalties in 2008 for public usage of the “Happy Birthday” song.
- Your favorite song is probably your favorite because you associate it with an emotional event in your life.
- Your heartbeat changes and mimics the music you listen to.
- None of The Beatles Could Read Music.
- Elvis Presley didn’t write any of his songs.
Flowers can grow faster by listening to music.
- The world’s longest concert goes so slow, it will last 639 years.
- The song Jingle Bells was originally written for Thanksgiving.
- Loud music can make a person drink more in less time.
- A song that gets stuck in your head is called an “earworm”.
- The world’s most expensive musical instrument, a Stradivarius violin, was sold in 2011 for US$15.9 million.
- The type of music you listen to affects the way you perceive the world.
- Leo Fender, inventor of the Telecaster and Stratocaster, could not play guitar.
- Barry Manilow didn’t write his song called “I write the songs”.
- The Beatles used to be called Johnny and the Moondogs.
- Musicians have the same life expectancy as Zimbabweans: the lowest on earth.
- In 1989, the U.S. military blared AC/DC music at General Noriega’s compound in Panama for 2 continuous days. The dictator surrendered.
- Metallica is the first and only band to play on all seven continents.
- For every US$1000 of music sold, the average musician makes just US$23.40.
- Music triggers activity in the same brain structure that releases the “pleasure chemical” dopamine during sex and eating.
Jimi Hendrix couldn’t read or write music.
- Rapper NoClue is the World’s Fastest Rapper with 723 syllables in 51.27 seconds (14.1 syllables per second).
- Revenue from digital music downloads and subscriptions outpaced CD sales in the U.S. for the first time in 2014.
- Led Zeppelin got their name from a fellow musician, who said their band would go down like a “lead balloon.”
- Eminem wrote and recorded “The Real Slim Shady” just 3 hours before his album was due.
- Babies remain calm twice as long when listening to a song as they do when listening to speech, according to a study.