If all else fails…Call the Butterball Hotline!
The experts “Butterball” turkey cookers are available to answer your questions by phone, online chat and email. If you need to talk turkey! 1-800-BUTTERBALL (1-800-288-8372).
Fun Facts about Turkeys
- The average weight of a turkey purchased at Thanksgiving is 15 pounds.
- The heaviest turkey ever raised was 86 pounds, about the size of a large dog.
- A 15 pound turkey usually has about 70 percent white meat and 30 percent dark meat.
- The five most popular ways to serve leftover turkey is as a sandwich, in stew, chili or soup, casseroles and as a burger.
- Turkey has more protein than chicken or beef.
How to Cook a Delicious Thanksgiving Turkey
- Prepare the turkey for roasting in the oven, first remove the giblets (and save for gravy or stuffing). Next, rinse the bird inside and out and pat dry with paper towels.
- If you are stuffing the bird, stuff it loosely, allowing about ½ to ¾ cup stuffing per pound of turkey.
- Brush the skin with melted butter or oil. Tie drumsticks together with string (for stuffed birds only).
- Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh. The thermometer should point towards the body, and should not touch the bone.
- Place the bird on a rack in a roasting pan, and into a preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven. To determine how long to cook a turkey, use this chart to estimate the time required for baking.
- Bake until the skin is a light golden color, and then cover loosely with a foil tent. During the last 45 minutes of baking, remove the foil tent to brown the skin. Basting is not necessary, but helps promote even browning.
The adorable Prince Harry is in Arab land for the 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
According to sources, Harry, known for his fun loving free spirit whose not afraid to step outside the “royal” boundaries… has been having himself a good time.
Harry was spotted by Clickstarpics last week on a yacht smoking a hookah.
He reportedly snapped a selfie with Tyrese, who posted the photo and wrote, “Prince Harry…. #AbuDhabiNights Oh what a night!!!!!! He asked me for a selfie with me on HIS PHONE!!!!!!”
“Fast & Furious 8″ perhaps?
Kate (Middleton) is the sister I’ve always wanted. QUOTE ~ Prince Harry
Prince Harry Trivia:
- Prince Harry is fourth in line to the British throne.
- Prince Harry attended Eton College.
- Prince Harry was named one of People Magazine’s “25 Most Intriguing People of 2001″.
- Prince Harry has two private secretaries just to deal with his love letters.
- Prince Harry is the nephew of Prince Andrew, Princess Anne, Earl Charles Spencer, and Edward Wessex.
- Prince Harry is the son of Prince Charles and Princess Diana.
Officer Darren Wilson is speaking out about the the Missouri Grand Jury’s verdict in the death of Michael Brown.
Wilson sat down for an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos Tuesday and gave his version of events.
According to Winston, Brown reached into his patrol car and attempted to grab his gun, then he charged Wilson which is when he began shooting.
Wilson says he would have done the same thing if Brown was white … that race had nothing to do with it. He also believes that the jury made the right decision and that he has a clear conscience
The interview aired Tuesday on ABC’s World News Tonight.