There’s no doubt, one of the greatest days in the life of T.Y. Hilton will forever be November 23, 2014.
The Colts wide receiver T.Y. Hilton is considered an explosive play maker and as of today he’s a new dad.
Early Sunday morning Hilton’s wife, Shantrell, gave birth to the couple’s first daughter.
Following the delivery, Hilton hustled to Lucas Oil Stadium for the Colts’ game against the Jaguars.
Late in the second quarter, Andrew Luck connected with Hilton on a 73-yard touchdown pass, which gave the team a 20-3 lead.
After the game, Hilton was ask about his new bundle of joy. He’s a very proud dad!
Former Washington D.C. mayor and civil rights activist Marion Barry died at United Medical Center in Washington, DC, on November 23, 2014 from cardiac arrest.
Barry was elected mayor in 1979. In 1982, Barry faced re-election against a challenge from fellow Democrat Patricia Roberts Harris. Barry won by a landslide.
Despite his many accomplishments the former four-term mayor will long be remembered for one night in 1990 when he was caught on video lighting a crack pipe in an FBI sting operation. In an instant, the then-mayor of the capital city was exposed as a drug user himself.
Barry was 78 years-old.
“We’ve got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up businesses and dirty shops. They ought to go. I’m going to say that right now But we need African – American businesspeople to be able to take their places too.” QUOTE – Marion Barry
Marion Barry Trivia:
- Marion Barry was born in Itta Bena, Mississippi.
- Marion Barry was the third of ten children.
- Marion Barry was a Boy Scout, earned the rank of Eagle Scout.
- Marion Barry had a number of jobs as a child, including picking cotton, delivering and selling newspapers, and bagging groceries.
- Marion Barry worked as a waiter at the American Legion post while in high school.
- Mayor of Washington D.C. during the early 1990’s, Barry was arrested, convicted and served time for possession of crack cocaine.
- He then was re-elected mayor.
- Marion Barry is the stepfather of Lalanya Masters.
- Was a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity.
- Marion Barry attended LeMoyne College (now LeMoyne-Owen College), graduating in 1958.
- Marion Barry was married four times.
♦Blantie Evans (1962–1964)
♦Mary M. Treadwell (1972–1977)
♦Effi Slaughter (1978–1993)
♦Cora Masters (1994–2014)
Week 13 College Football was all about “taking care of business.”
All of the top teams did what they were supposed to do in week 13 – take care of business and get ready for the upcoming wild finish to a fabulous year of college football. I said last week that this was chalk week – all the top teams would win and there wouldn’t be any movement in the Top 10. Well, we had a few scares as FSU had to kick a late FG to beat BC and Ohio State had to rally in the 4th quarter to beat hapless Indiana. Other than those 2 close calls, everyone else put away the Little Sisters of the Poor setting the stage for the biggest weekend in college football – RIVALRY WEEKEND.
Celebrity famed lawyer Mark Vincent Kaplan, was reportedly now has one more thing to add to his agenda…and this time…it’s all about him.
Kaplan, an attorney with Kaplan & Simon LLP, the law firm who is representing accused child molester Stephen Collins in his divorce, was busted for DUI Friday night while driving on the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood.
He was taken into custody after failing the field sobriety test. He was booked, cited and released.